Tuesday 16 March 2010

Cards, cards & more cards!

My oh my what a busy bee I've been. I've had a little more time on my hands due to lack of sleep at the moment and I've been making a few cards and keeping my new year's resolution in check. I cannot believe how good I've been. Making them on time, posting them on time and the happy recipients have been receiving them on time!!! Wow, it's just not like me!! Have I turned over a new leaf? Not yet I don't think ... wait til this time next year and if I've stuck to my guns then the 'good' habit will be well and truly affirmed. Here is a sneaky peak at what I've been doing. This is an 18th birthday card for one of my best friend's daughters. I have known Lisa since we were 11 so that was .... well, so many I've lost count!!! So her daughter, Rebecca and mine, Nathalie, although miles apart and don't see each other, have grown up in parallel worlds. I cannot believe where the time goes. Life seems to just fly by so quickly, there's no time to take it all in. Just goes to show, we must cherish every moment we are rewarded with. Anyway the card was made with the beautiful Pretty Please, another collection from My Mind's Eye. I punched out some large squares, laid them next to each other on the card and used a grey Marvy LePlume to draw (yes I cheated and drew ...!) the faux stitches. I used my Cricut for the 18, used double sided to lay some lovely matching ribbon and made a fan flower again with one of the papers. I siliconed a button on to the top and used a quickie glue pen and glamour dust round the edges of the 18. Et voila, an 18th birthday card. Simples!!!

No comments: